Friday, January 9, 2009

Introduction Post about Being Indian and Food Allergies, Etc.

This is my introductory post....

What is this about?

I want to log about several different things... being a Indian mom, in a mixed marriage, in suburbia, with a young child with allergies with Indian parents who don't always understand.... AND being a mom who is trying to support these life items.

Lets start..

Indian mom - I struggle with my own Indian identity - I'm Indian, no doubt, but Indian means so many different things. I want to inject Indian values into my daughter, but not all, so that's one thing.

Mixed marriage - I'm in a mixed (American/Indian) marriage. So, I clearly had a love marriage, when in a generation, (first generation Indian) this was a difficult transition for my family to make.

Suburbia - surrounded by a lot of White middle-class Americans.

The biggest of all, a young child (2) with multiple food allergies - UGH, where did these come from? Why did they happen? How can I handle these? How can we fix this in her? How can I get support for this? How can I support research on this? How do I make the right decisions that affect my child's physical and mental future! Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment